Termageddon monitors privacy laws and pushes updates to your clients’ website policies when the laws change. As an attorney partner, you have complete control over the final product. You can edit any of our content and we’ll notify you when section(s) need to be updated with new copy when laws change or regulations are enacted.
As seen on:
Termageddon was founded in 2016 by Donata Kalnenaite, Esq, a licensed attorney and Certified Information Privacy Professional. Donata also serves as the Newsletter Editor of the American Bar Association – ePrivacy Committee as well as the Chicago Chair of the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
For two years in a row, Termageddon has been listed as a trusted Tech Vendor by the largest privacy organization in the world, iapp.org and the tool has been used and reviewed by hundreds of attorneys. Law firms are our second largest client base!
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- UK Data Protection Act 2018 (UK DPA)
- California Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 (CalOPPA)
- California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA)
- Nevada Revised Statutes 603A.340
- Delaware Online Privacy Protection Act (DOPPA)
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Virginia Data Consumer Protection Act (VCDPA) – Effective 01/01/2023
- Colorado Privacy Act – Effective 07/01/2023
There are many more laws being introduced which will require Privacy Policies to be updated:
- Arizona – AZ H 2865;
- Alabama – AL H 216;
- Alaska – AK H 159;
- Illinois – IL H 3910;
- Illinois – IL H 2404;
- Kentucky – KY H 408;
- Massachusetts – MA SD 1726;
- Maine – ME S 535 a;
- Minnesota – MN H36;
- Minnesota – MN H1492;
- New York – NY A 405;
- New York – NY A 400;
- New York – NY S 567;
- New Jersey – NJ A 2188;
- New Jersey – NJ A 3255;
- New Jersey – NJ A 1181;
- New Jersey – NJ SB 1257;
- New Jersey – NJ A 3283;
- North Carolina – NC S 569;
- Pennsylvania PA H 1126;
- Rhode Island – RI H 5959;
- Oklahoma – OK H 1602;
- Oklahoma – OK H 1130;
- Vermont – VT H 160;
- West Virginia – WV H 3159.
Check out our state privacy law tracker!
What is Termageddon?
Additional benefits for law firms:
- Receive pre-written email notifications that you can provide your clients about upcoming new privacy laws going into effect, changes to current privacy laws, and new or updated regulations.
- Increase client retention – Termageddon is a tool used by lawyers, not a legal service provider. By utilizing Termageddon, you give clients the special attorney time and advice that they need, while saving the time that you’d need to spend researching privacy laws.
How attorneys can use Termageddon
Three ways to utilize our technology
Build into flat fees
Add value for retainer clients and outside general counsel services
Leverage our technology and have us monitor privacy laws for you, so that you can focus on other key parts of your clients’ legal needs. The cost of a Termageddon license can be included right in your retainer fee. Our single dashboard allows you to monitor the status of each of your clients’ policies and quickly identify which ones need an update due to new privacy law(s) going into effect.
Apply to be a law firm partner.
Before anything else, we’d like to give you a free set of our policies so that you can review our product and decide if you’d like to utilize our partnership program. Upon reviewing your application, we will send you a welcome email, outlining the steps to set up your own law firm’s policies!
We aren’t for everyone. Termageddon is a tool, not a complete solution for privacy law compliance. It is usually a great fit for small business clients, however, we do not service the following industries: websites requiring HIPAA compliance, websites directed at children under the age of 13 or websites that are run by businesses in the financial industry. If you have small business clients, we’d love for you to apply below to be a law firm partner!
- No credit card required.
- Please give us a few hours to review your registration for approval.
- If you like what you see, refer us to your clients so that they get protected while you make some additional recurring revenue.
Do you have questions before you apply?
Book a meeting with us to learn more about Termageddon’s law firm partner program.