What is Personally Identifiable Information?
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is any data that could be used to identify a specific person.
Examples of PII include:
- Phone number;
- Physical address.
- California Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 (CalOPPA) – a privacy law that applies to any website that collects the PII of California residents;
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) – a new privacy law that protects the PII of California residents;
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – a privacy law that protects the PII of European Union residents and applies to businesses outside of the European Union as well;
- United Kingdom Data Protection Act 2018 (UK DPA) – a privacy law that protects the PII of United Kingdom residents and applies to businesses outside of the United Kingdom as well;
- Delaware Online Privacy and Protection act (DOPPA): a privacy law that applies to any website that collects the PII of Delaware residents;
- Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603(A) – a recently amended privacy law that protects the PII of Nevada residents;
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) – a privacy law that protects the PII of residents of Canada;
- Australia Privacy Act of 1988 – a privacy law that protects the PII of Australians;
- Colorado Privacy Act – a privacy law that protects the personal data of residents of Colorado and goes into effect July 1st, 2023.
- Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA) – a privacy law that protects the personal information of residents of Virginia and goes into effect January 1st, 2023.
- Quebec Bill 64 – a privacy law that protects the personal information of residents of Quebec, Canada and goes into effect on 09/01/2023.
- Utah Consumer Privacy Act – a privacy law that protects the personal data of residents of Utah and goes into effect on 12/31/2023.
- And more.
New privacy laws affecting websites are being proposed and passed
- eCommerce websites;
- Brochure websites;
- Mobile applications;
- Desktop applications;
- Facebook applications; and
- SaaS applications.
- All compliance and clauses included. Full protection for one price;
- Set up takes only 15 minutes or less.
- Compliance with CalOPPA, GDPR, CCPA, UK DPA, Australia Privacy Act and more;
- Cookie notice;
- Analytics disclosures;
- Protection from liability and fines.